Congratulations to the 2019 CLCF Scholarship Winners!
|Student||Current School||Higher Ed Institution|
|J. Acebedo||Crane Medical Prep HS||UIC|
|J. Alaniz||Lane Tech HS||IIT|
|A. Cervantes||Muchin College Prep||Oberlin College Conservatory|
|P. Duarte||Jones College Prep||UIUC|
|C. Duenas||Prosser Career Academy||Dominican University|
|J. Flores||Illinois Wesleyan||Illinois Wesleyan University|
|S. Galvan Orozco||NIEU||NEIU|
|K. Hinojosa||Ogden International HS||Oberlin College Conservatory|
|T. Lopez||Noble Street College Prep||Columbia University|
|C. Nieto||Elmhurst College||Elmhurst College|
|J. Parras||Josephinum Academy HS||Trinity College|
|E. Pereira||DePauw University||DePauw|
|A. Reyes||Northwestern University||Northwestern University|
|P. Rosales||Dominican University||Dominican University|
|L. Rosas||Prosser Career Academy||UIUC|
|J. Ruiz||Clarke University||Clarke University|
|J. Salcedo Carmona||City Colleges of Chicago||UIC|
|J. Trujillo||Lane Tech HS||UIC|
The CLCF 2019 Scholarship Application Is Now Closed
Submission Deadline: Friday, April 5th, 2019
The Chicago Latino Caucus Foundation (“CLCF”) was established to support the advancement of Latino Youth through scholarships, internships, and mentorship opportunities in the City of Chicago. Each year, the CLCF selects deserving young people of good character and high academic achievement to receive a scholarship to help them achieve their educational objectives. The CLCF will be accepting scholarship applications beginning March 1, 2019. Recipients will be announced in Spring 2019, with a subsequent Scholarship Breakfast Celebration in Summer 2019.
Terms and Conditions of Scholarship Award:
The scholarship will consist of a one-time $5,000 NON-RENEWABLE award, and it will be delivered/paid directly to the college or university listed in the application. Scholarship checks will not be paid directly to the individual student. If the student abides by the terms and conditions below they may apply for this scholarship again the following year. In order for the CLCF to release the funds the student must agree the terms and conditions below:
- The student must attain a 2.8 grade point average during the award year. Failure to maintain a 2.8 grade point average may lead to your forfeiting the scholarship and the ability to apply again for an award from the CLCF in the future.
- The student must be a full-time student in an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university.
- The scholarship award must be applied towards tuition or fees associated with attendance of the college or university (books included).
- The student must participate in 25 hours of volunteer service with their respective Alderman’s service office. This volunteer service must be completed within one calendar year of the student’s award.
- U.S. Citizenship is NOT required for this scholarship.
- Students must be at least one-half Hispanic/Latino. Hispanic/Latino is an ethnic category, not a racial category; students may be of any race.
- Applicants must currently reside in Chicago, Illinois.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior graduating in 2019, OR a General Education Diploma (“GED”) certificate holder, OR an undergraduate student with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0/4.0
- Graduate level students are NOT eligible.
- Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll as a full time student at an accredited 2 or 4 year institution.
Applicants must submit the following items by the deadline in order for the application to be considered complete. All documents must be uploaded in PDF format. Emails, screenshots or jpg/jpeg/png files will not be accepted.
- Online Application: Applicants must answer all questions via the online application.
- Personal Statement: Typed statement that describes your personal/career goals and your plan to achieve those goals (500 word limit).
- Essay: Typed essay that answers the following: How has your family background affected the way you see the world? (400 word limit).
- Transcript: High School students must submit an official or unofficial transcript from the most recent attended high school. Current college students must submit official or unofficial transcripts from the most recent attended college.
- Acceptance Letter/Enrollment Verification Letter: High School students must submit college acceptance letters (up to 5 in one file) from the college/university he/she plans to attend. Currently enrolled college/university students, must submit an enrollment verification form.
The complete online application is due no later than Friday, April 5th, 2019 at 11:59pm. Mailed applications will not be accepted. The application will not be considered complete unless all required documents are uploaded at the time of application. It is important that applicants are prepared to upload all documents at the time of application as the online application can not be saved once it is started. Applications MUST be completed in one sitting.
Selection and Notification Process:
The CLCF appointed scholarship review committee will review all completed applications and materials. Finalists will be selected and notified by their respective Alderman. Scholarship winners are expected to participate in 25 hours of volunteer service at the conclusion of a one-year cycle, beginning at the time of award and lasting a full calendar year following the award. CLCF members have agreed to provide mentorship opportunities to recipients by way of routine phone calls or individual meetings.
Checklist: All documents MUST be submitted simultaneously by Friday, April 5th, 2019.
- Online Application
- Online Certification Statement
- Personal Statement
- Resume including work history/internships, extracurricular activities, volunteer, leadership, and community service roles and honors/awards received
- College Acceptance Letter (for current high school students)
- Enrollment Verification Form (for current college students)
Any questions can be directed to:
Ms. Sonia Del Real, Executive Director