Latino Caucus Foundation Scholarship
In 2017, the Chicago Latino Caucus Foundation (CLCF) awarded $110,000 in scholarships to college bound students residing in Chicago. The CLCF is committed to providing Latino youth access to higher education and removing financial and cultural barriers that their counterparts wouldn't otherwise face. This year, the CLCF will be awarding its second wave of scholarships totaling $120,000. To date, a total of 45 deserving Chicago youth (college students and college bound students) have been selected to receive this prestigious scholarship.
The 2018 application period is now closed. Scholarship applications will re-open in Spring 2019 for the 2019-2020 Academic Year.
Teachers and Administrators who wish to invite Foundation Representatives to attend college or career fairs at their high school, should contact our Foundation's Executive Director Ms. Del Real at firstname.lastname@example.org
An independent scholarship review committee is tasked with reviewing all completed applications and materials. Finalists will be selected and notified by their respective Alderman/Alderwoman. All winners will receive mentoring and internship opportunities from CLCF members.
- In 2016 and 2017 the CLCF raised over $400,000.00 in scholarship funds
- 45 students in all have won this prestigious award
- 82% of recipients matriculate into Illinois colleges and universities
- 63% of 2018 CLCF Scholars will take out $2,500 or less in student loans as a result of receiving the scholarship
Feb 2018- April 2018
- Application period opens in February and closes in April.
- Winners are selected by Alderman/Alderwomen.
- Resolution honoring winners is introduced in City Council
- Winners are invited to Celebration Breakfast and awarded certificates and copies of Resolution
- Email receipt acknowledgments
- Scholarship Review Committee meets and ranks applications.
July- August 2018
- Students provide CLCF tuition statements for scholarship payment
- Checks are mailed and payable to students' university